Last night Icelandic musical virtuoso Björk appeared on The Colbert Report to talk about her latest record Biophilia and perform lead single Cosmogony.
The world’s first app album Biophilia was recorded partly on an iPad and will be promoted by a 3-year-long tour. As reported by Spin, the worldwide tour will include science centers as well as traditional music venues with the aim of communicating science to a wider audience.
When speaking to Colbert, Björk spoke of the freedom she found in writing music via a touch screen and how the visual apps have allowed her to incorporate a theme of science throughout Biophilia. As always Stephen Colbert was razor sharp, asking such hard hitting questions as “Why Art?” and “Can I lick the album?”
- Björk On Keeping ‘Vulnicura’ Off Spotify: “It’s About Respect”
- Review: Bjork – Vulnicura
- Björk Rush-Releases New Album ‘Vulnicura’ After Leak
- Bjork Announces New Album ‘Vulnicura’ Is Coming This March
- Drake, The Black Keys Headline New York’s Governors Ball 2015
- Death Grips Drop Another Surprise New Album, This Time With Björk