I wonder if the people in the crowd of this garage band’s performance in the December of ’85 knew that the flailing-armed, head-banging drummer would be destined for great things. Hell, I wonder if said drummer even knew himself. For, you see good readers, that drummer is none other than Dave Grohl, who’s featured in bands such as Queens of the Stone Age, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Them Crooked Vultures, and of course Dain Bramage. The high school project had a successful two-year career before Grohl joined Scream, and the rest is rock history.
The weird thing is, even with the hazy footage and crappy audio, the band isn’t actually as horrible as high school bands normally are. For starters, the drums are flawless and the tunes themselves sound really well-written. And from banter with the crowd, you learn that Dain Bramage actually has some serious support slots lined up and gig fairly hard out. Digging a little deeper, we’ve found out that the band actually released two cassette demos and an LP titled I Scream Not Coming Down LP – The Log.
A diehard fan was good enough to record a whole set as they performed at Burke Community Centre, VA; it’s well worth catching a few songs. I wonder if the other members moved on to bigger things? We could be looking at a super band in reverse!
- Foo Fighters Producer Butch Vig Says New Album “Halfway Done”
- Nirvana’s Krist Novoselic: “Maybe We Can Make New Music One Day”
- Novoselic Used Nirvana Tabs Book To Re-Learn Songs For Hall Of Fame Induction
- Crowdfunding Campaign Hopes To Bring Foo Fighters To US Town
- Courtney Love And Dave Grohl Reconcile At Rock Hall Ceremony