Elton John vs Pnau Good Morning to the Night is out today: a record that sees Australian dance duo Pnau re-imagine a selection of Elton John classics and change the very complexion of Elton’s music. As Music Feeds’ Jessica Andrews points out in her album review, this is not a remix record but rather a work of art.
Earlier in the month Music Feed’s Patrick Abboud caught up with Pnau’s Peter Mayes, where Mayes described the difficulty in reworking the accomplished back catalogue of Elton John whose music is not “necessarily based on a groove…a lot of it’s constantly evolving and there’s like a million chord changes”.
Recently an interview featuring both Sir Elton and the boys from Pnau was posted on Elton John’s YouTube channel. In the interview Elton talks of his admiration of Pnau’s vision and talks of performing the reworked material live with Pnau. Meanwhile, Mayes and Nick Littlemore are just as smitten, revealing they listened to approximately 400 John tracks to create the record and hope this new album will bring Elton John’s music to a new generation of music fans.
Check out the interview below…
Watch: Elton John & Pnau – Interview
- LISTEN: Queens Of The Stone Age Preview Brand-New Track, Detail Elton John Collab
- Listen: Fall Out Boy Stream ‘Save Rock And Roll’ In Full
- Fall Out Boy Check In From The Studio…With Elton John
- Chinese Political Activist Ai Weiwei Is Making…A Metal Album?
- Queens Of The Stone Age Drop New Head-Scratcher