Fiona Apple has a giant squid whacked on her head in a bizarre video for her new song Every Single Night. She has director Joseph Cahill to, err…thank for the headpiece after he suggested the idea to her – following her request to be put in an unfamiliar situation for the clip.
“I told [director] Joey [Cahill] just to come up with a bunch of things and do things to me and put me in situations and surprise me”, Apple told Pitchfork recently.
“One thing I wanted to have happen was to be covered in snails. I laid in a bed of soil and they put snails all over me. And then they brought in shit that I would not have asked for. He put a dead squid on my head.”
Apple went on in the interview to describe her love for snails, and the experiments she’s done with them in the past:
“I used to love to put snails on my arm – I have a bunch of pictures. I used to put half a watermelon out in my yard overnight and then go out there in the middle of the night and take pictures of them, like macro pictures of the snails sipping the watermelon. I would love to sit there and put them on my arm. I don’t know, it just helped me think. I really like snails a lot.”
Watch the video for Every Single Night here:
- #Fiona Apple
- Panic! At The Disco Label Fiona Apple A “Bitch” Over Sample Refusal
- Fiona Apple Kicks Heckler Out Of Portland Show
- Fiona Apple Makes Willy Wonka’s ‘Pure Imagination’ Ironic For Taco Chain
- Fiona Apple Storms Off Stage After Telling Crowd To ‘Shut The F**k Up!’
- Fiona Apple Cancels Tour Dates To Tend To Her Sick Dog