Florence + The Machine has appeared on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon today. She performed with a full orchestra to back her track Spectrum (Say My Name) before returning to join Fallon, who always loves to do a song himself, to perform Balls in Your Mouth – the protest song he wrote about the BP spill of a few years ago. Watch both videos below.
After more than a year of promoting her latest album Ceremonials, Florence has announced that she will be taking a year off from music to have a rest before writing a new studio album and doing it all over again. Speaking to Style mag, she said: “There’s a big ‘take a year off’ plan”. She also stated that “the record company have put no pressure on me for the next album. They’ve said I can have as long as I want.”
Despite her impending hiatus, it’s not as if we won’t be hearing no new bits of music featuring Welch’s voice in the near future. Last week, Scottish superstar DJ Calvin Harris revealed that Welsh will feature on his new album 18 Months, set for release later this year.
- Florence Welch Murders Daft Punk’s ‘Get Lucky’ In Drunken Live Cover
- Florence Welch To Star In New ‘Star Wars’ Trilogy?
- Amy Winehouse’s Father Disapproves Of Beyoncé & André 3000′s ‘Back To Black’ Cover
- Florence + The Machine Stream ‘Only The Love’ From ‘The Great Gatsby’ Soundtrack
- ‘The Great Gatsby’ Soundtrack – New Music From Jay-Z, Florence, Lana Del Rey, The xx & Loads More
- Biffy Clyro, Muse, The Killers Amongst 2013 NME Awards Winners – One Direction Not So Much