Florence and the Machine frontwoman Florence Welch is going to have a hard time topping this recent high. During one of their super-talked-about 50th celebration shows, The Rolling Stones were joined on stage by the songstress, who added her flare to Gimme Shelter.
Sure Welch has previously teamed up with heavyweights such as Josh Homme and Drake, but Mick Jagger is some next level shit. It would have been interesting to have been a fly on the wall when Welch received the phone call to perform, but I digress. The performance was captured on a fan’s camera, and if anything, Welch’s vocals dominate those of Jagger.
The performance is nothing but sexy. Those legs, those moves…and Welch doesn’t look half bad either. The gig, which was held at the iconic O2 arena, is the 2nd show of the tour. The first took place earlier this week and featured a guest appearance from Mary J. Blige, according to Consequence of Sound.
The Stones now make their way through to the USA for two shows, and Australia…well, we will have to wait and see.
- Mary J. Blige Streams Disclosure, Sam Smith Collaboration ‘Right Now’
- Rolling Stones Add British India, The Preatures To Australian Tour
- Watch Foo Fighters Cover The Rolling Stones, Queen And More
- Springsteen Joins The Rolling Stones Onstage For ‘Tumbling Dice’
- Rolling Stones Top Billboard’s Highest Grossing Live Acts List
- Sax Appeal: 12 Songs That Prove Saxophones Belong In Rock & Roll