As you probably know, unless you don’t watch TV, go on the Internet, read newspapers, or overhear conversations on the bus, the iPhone 5 was announced yesterday along with a new generation of iPod’s and iTunes software. As Apple always do when they announce a new gadget amongst their music-based products, they had a live performance from a known band play at the end of the show. The band this time was Foo Fighters.
Though probably not the latest or hottest act of the moment (maybe about 12 months too late) with the band coming to the end of their current album cycle, they managed to put together a set of acoustic versions of their own hits. You can watch Times Like These.
According to the Guardian, Frontman Dave Grohl addressed the crowd saying, “One of the incredible things about being here is that you’re meeting people who are shaping our future, and just like Little Richard, Tom Petty, and Jimmy Page, these are just people who took it upon themselves to change our future, but you meet them and they’re people! And this one’s dedicated to all those people.”
- Dave Grohl On New Foo Fighters Album: ‘We’re Doing It In A Way No One’s Done Before’
- Wolfmother, Foo Fighters Bookies Favourites To Replace Blur At BDO
- Foo Fighters Unveil Mexico City Concert Promo
- Foo Fighters Announce First New Show Since “Hiatus”
- Foo Fighters Drummer Taylor Hawkins Hits Back At Gene Simmons