As you probably know, unless you don’t watch TV, go on the Internet, read newspapers, or overhear conversations on the bus, the iPhone 5 was announced yesterday along with a new generation of iPod’s and iTunes software. As Apple always do when they announce a new gadget amongst their music-based products, they had a live performance from a known band play at the end of the show. The band this time was Foo Fighters.
Though probably not the latest or hottest act of the moment (maybe about 12 months too late) with the band coming to the end of their current album cycle, they managed to put together a set of acoustic versions of their own hits. You can watch Times Like These.
According to the Guardian, Frontman Dave Grohl addressed the crowd saying, “One of the incredible things about being here is that you’re meeting people who are shaping our future, and just like Little Richard, Tom Petty, and Jimmy Page, these are just people who took it upon themselves to change our future, but you meet them and they’re people! And this one’s dedicated to all those people.”
- Watch Foo Fighters’ Horror Ice Bucket Challenge
- Foo Fighters Share New Album ‘Sonic Highways’ Details
- Hear Dave Grohl’s Monster Scream In New Foo Fighters ’8′ Clip
- Foo Fighters Eighth Album Artwork Revealed?
- Foo Fighters Tease “Worldwide” Announcement For Monday
- Foo Fighters First New Album Song To Debut With HBO Series