Frank Ocean’s debut album Channel Orange is yet to hit shelves, but already hype has been building around the R&B crooner like nothing else. Last night on Fallon, Ocean made his first live TV appearance, and for once the hype was met, if not exceeded by the performance.
Backed by house band The Roots as well as a string section, the rising star stylishly performed Bad Religion, a track included on the album, set to drop July 17. Ocean earned a ton of respect after speaking openly about his sexuality in an interview with Rolling Stone.
Though fans won’t necessarily have to wait that long. After Fallon went live, Channel Orange was made available digitally through iTunes, and you can even stream it through Ocean’s official website.
- T-Pain: “Some Artists Won’t Work With Frank Ocean”
- Frank Ocean And Macklemore Accused Of Pushing ‘Gay Agenda’ For Fame
- Frank Ocean To Hold Off New Material Until Mid-2014
- Frank Ocean Says He “Sold A Lot Of Cocaine And Crack” In High School
- Earl Sweatshirt Streams ‘Doris’ In Full Ahead Of Release