Pitchfork have released footage from a new DVD titled We Walk the Line: A Celebration of the Music of Johnny Cash. As the title suggests, the DVD and corresponding CD pay tribute to the musical legacy of Johnny Cash.
A concert was held on what would have been Cash’s 80th birthday in February of this year. The show featured a selection of musical acts covering just a portion of the vast material left behind by the incandescent singer/songwriter.
Among the covers included in the package are Willie Nelson and Sheryl Crow who covered If I Were a Carpenter; Lucinda Williams taking on Cash’s version of Hurt, originally written by Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails; and Iron & Wine tackling Long Black Veil, which you can check out below.
The DVD/CD combo will also feature numerous duets between Johnny and his wife June Carter Cash, with the tribute concert being aired as part of a PBS pledge on Friday, August 10. According to Pitchfork, the deluxe DVD/CD set is out now.
Watch: Iron & Wine – Long Black Veil – Johnny Cash Cover
- Tex Perkins To Perform In Prison For Sydney Festival 2015
- Long-Lost Johnny Cash Album ‘Out Among The Stars’ To Hit Shelves March 2014
- Iron And Wine – Ghost On Ghost
- Iron And Wine To Release New Album April 2013
- First Aid Kit Move Gig To The Corner Hotel Due To Popular Demand
- Johnny Cash’s Bassist Marshall Grant Dies at 83