Before she was rocking the Palais Theatre in Melbourne last month or taking out top prize for her single Cameo Lover at this year’s International Songwriting Competition, New Zealand pop sensation Kimbra was learning the tricks of the trade.
The clip below is a segment taken from NZTV kids show What Now? and follows a very young, approximately aged 11 or 12, and industrious Kimbra training up to become the massive pop star she is today. The video chronicles Kimbra’s dealings with vocal coaches and music producers as they help the very young songstress craft a classic 3 minute and 30 second-long pop song.
Ignoring the lame head bobbing from producer Rikki Morris and associate, the most striking thing about this clip is how well formed Kimbra’s voice already is and how well she handles the spotlight.
Watch: Kimbra aged 11 on NZTV kids show ‘What Now?’
- Kimbra And Daniel Johns Perform With Van Dyke Parks
- Kimbra In Studio With Mars Volta Guitarist Omar Rodriguez-Lopez
- Dillinger Escape Plan Writing New Music With Kimbra: “She’s The Real Deal”
- Billboard Awards Multi-Crush – Gotye Vs Opposition, Miguel Vs Fans, Everyone Vs Bieber
- Kimbra & Daniel Johns To Join Van Dyke Parks Onstage For Retrospective Show