Before she was rocking the Palais Theatre in Melbourne last month or taking out top prize for her single Cameo Lover at this year’s International Songwriting Competition, New Zealand pop sensation Kimbra was learning the tricks of the trade.
The clip below is a segment taken from NZTV kids show What Now? and follows a very young, approximately aged 11 or 12, and industrious Kimbra training up to become the massive pop star she is today. The video chronicles Kimbra’s dealings with vocal coaches and music producers as they help the very young songstress craft a classic 3 minute and 30 second-long pop song.
Ignoring the lame head bobbing from producer Rikki Morris and associate, the most striking thing about this clip is how well formed Kimbra’s voice already is and how well she handles the spotlight.
Watch: Kimbra aged 11 on NZTV kids show ‘What Now?’
- Kimbra Announces New Australian Tour Dates
- Review: Kimbra – The Golden Echo
- Kimbra Streams Catchy New Single ‘Miracle’
- Kimbra: “This Is My Time To Make A Statement”
- Kimbra Focusing On Aus Tour Without Janelle Monae
- Kimbra Reveals ‘The Golden Echo’ Tracklist, Streams Two New Tracks