A rare 2009 commercial of our favourite pouty-lipped songstress Lana Del Rey has appeared online in the past few days. The video shows a pre-stardom Del Rey (or Lizzy Grant?) showing off some sneakers she was asked to custom design as a then up-and-coming talent for US shoe company Keds, who were making a move into the fashionable young adult market.
In the video, we see her walking around New York’s Coney Island, introducing herself (as Lana Del Rey) and speaking about her music before showing off the shoes (and maybe a little too much leg) while singing her track Yayo. She hadn’t quite perfected her recent look and fashion sense, but there are some tell tale signs from the then blonde hipster that she was trying to cultivate an image for herself.
Watch: Lana Del Rey For Keds
- Chet Faker Is One Of The Most Blogged About Artists Of 2014
- Dan Auerbach Recounts Lana Del Rey’s Label Backflipping On ‘Ultraviolence’
- Lana Del Rey Teases 2014 Australian Tour
- Frances Bean Cobain To Lana Del Rey: “Stop Romanticising Death”
- The Guardian Share Audio Of Lana Del Rey’s “I Wish I Was Dead” Interview
- Lana Del Rey Tweets & Deletes About “Sinister, Calculated” ‘Guardian’ Story