YouTube footage of a new track by Muse has surfaced, taken from the band’s live comeback show in Cologne, Germany earlier this week.
The song – the very funky, Queen-esque Panic Station – appears on the band’s new album The 2nd Law, which hits stores on Friday. Check out the video of the song at the bottom of this page.
With the exception of their performance at the London Olympics closing ceremony last month, the show was Muse’s first live show since headlining the Reading Festival last year.
Along with Panic Station, the band also debuted other new songs from The 2nd Law, including recent single Madness, their Olympic theme Survival, and album tracks Supremacy, Animal, Save Me and Follow Me.
Drummer Dominic Howard told NME that the band were pretty stoked with how the new material went down at the show.
“The new stuff went down well, and we were nervous of course. For the first gig back you’re like, ‘fucking hell, how do we do this again?’ But then we just relax into it, settle in and you look forward to the next one.”
Muse are rumoured to be coming to Australia sometime in 2013 – a year earlier than first thought.
- WATCH: Muse Hit The Big Red Button In New Video ‘Panic Station’
- Rock In Rio 2013′s Insane Line-Up Released – Huge Metal Offerings & Australia Represents!
- Watch: Muse Reveal ‘Animal’ Music Video Competition Winner
- Muse Australian Tour Dates To Kick Off In Perth
- Muse Drop Australian Tour Bombshell Via Twitter