Always ones to keep up with the culturally relevant references, The Simpsons have used a recent episode to tip their hat to the growing hipster epidemic, immortalising both Daft Punk and The Decemberists in the process.
The episode focuses around Homers’ concern with the increase of environmentally conscientious hipsters, according to Stoney Roads, with hilarious consequences, no doubt. “Dressing in clothes from the past while using computers from the future’ is actually an apt assessment of the hipster. Writers also name check American Apparel.
The Decemberists feature as the new music teachers for Springfield Elementary whilst Daft Punk is represented by a re-envisioned Disco Stu. The Episode, titled The Day the Earth Stood Still, now places the two groups in good company, with artists such as James Brown, Michael Jackson, R.E.M and so very many more appearing in the longest-running animated TV series.
- LISTEN: Daft Punk & Jay-Z – ‘Computerized’
- American National Monument Rejects Daft Punk Show
- Grammys Aftermath: Macklemore “Robbed” Kendrick, Reznor Says “F-YOU” To CBS
- Grammys Wrap: Daft Punk Trump Lorde, Pharrell Wears A Massive Hat
- Daft Punk, Vampire Weekend Early Winners At Grammys