No Doubt are preparing to release their first original single and music video since 2003’s Running off their fifth album Rock Steady. Their new track, titled Settle Down, will be on their forthcoming new album Push and Shove, which is due for release this September.
They’ve teamed up again with Sophie Muller, who oversaw the clips such as Don’t Speak and Simple Kind of Life. The clip see’s Gwen Steffani and the rest of the group in a carnival-themed setting, with a simple orchestral sample over the top of it. But the energy of the clip, coupled with what looks like Steffani jumping around at a dance party, would make it seem like it has a dancy sort of feel to the track.
The group announced their long-awaited follow-up to 2001’s Rock Steady back in May, and have since been releasing in-the-studio updates to the status of the new recording. The band have said that they are “really proud of our new album, and we hope you love it as much as we do.” We should expect a tour to follow, with an appearance on the Soundwave 2013 lineup looking very likely.
Watch: No Doubt – Settle Down (Teaser)
- No Doubt Offer Apology For Offensive Music Video ‘Looking Hot’
- No Doubt Settle 3-Year Legal Battle With Activision
- No Doubt: “We’re Planning On Coming Back (To Australia)”
- No Doubt – Making Everything Exciting Again
- Listen: No Doubt Reveal New Track ‘Looking Hot’
- Gwen Stefani Recorded New No Doubt Album In A Blackened Room