On Sunday August 3 heavy metal pioneers Black Sabbath will take the stage at this year’s Lollapalooza. Sabbath’s set at the Chicago based festival will be the band’s only US performance after plans for a world wide reunion tour were derailed.
Any chance of the original lineup reuniting onstage unfortunately came to an end, at now for least, as guitarist Tony Iommi was sadly diagnosed with lymphoma and drummer Bill Ward had a falling out with Sharon Osbourne over a contract dispute.
Still, despite the setbacks English fans were treated to original members Ozzy Osbourne, Geezer Butler and Iommi (despite his illness) sharing the stage for, as noted by Loudwire, the first time in seven years. The Birmingham gig took place back in May but Black Sabbath just posted a clip of show closing Paranoid on the band’s official YouTube channel.
Probably the best way to describe the clip below is via this quote from a fan comment on YouTube: “You’ve got to admit, for a guy who snorted enough coke to kill a blue whale, Ozzy sounds great.”
Watch: Black Sabbath – Paranoid – Live in Birmingham – May 19, 2012
- Black Sabbath Cast Doubts On New Album
- WIN: Black Sabbath ‘Gathered In Their Masses’ Live DVD
- Black Sabbath Unveil Trailer For Upcoming Melbourne Live DVD
- Ozzy Osbourne Sets Fire To House Making Bacon Sandwich
- Ozzy Osbourne Slams Bill Ward For Wanting Equal Split From “Probably” Last Black Sabbath Tour