Slash recently joined Ozzy Osbourne onstage at a show in Bergen, Norway, along with Sabbath bassist Geezer butler, to perform classic hits Iron Man, War Pigs, N.I.B., and later on Paranoid. Slash will be touring with Osbourne for his first 10 dates, after Black Sabbath’s recent tour postponement saw Osbourne replace all their European shows with his Ozzy Osbourne & Friends tour.
Slash, who has cited Sabbath as an influence in the past, appeared to have fun on stage with Ozzy. He later tweeted: “Jamming w/Ozzy & friends was a blast! Too short though! Bergen crowd looked like they were having a blast as well. When Ozzy was introducing Bark at the Moon, The crazier you go, the longer we will play.”
Black Sabbath’s plans for a reunion were put on hold after guitarist Tony Iommi announced in January that he had been diagnosed with lymphoma, a form of cancer of the lymphocytes. After treatment (including chemotherapy, steroids and radiotherapy) Iommi looks to be making a steady recovery, and the band are playing three dates, including a recent show in the group’s hometown in Birmingham, and two festival dates at Download and Lollapalooza.
War Pigs (different angle)
- Tickets To Black Sabbath, Faith No More, Motörhead Accidentally Sold For $4.52
- Black Sabbath Releasing New Music Is “Very Possible”
- Black Sabbath’s Hyde Park Gig Could Be Their Last Ever
- Watch Metallica Go Acoustic With Beatles, Ozzy Osbourne & Deep Purple Covers
- Ozzy Osbourne Wants To Know: “Where Did All The Rock Stars Go?”
- Misheard Lyrics Study Says You’re Not The Only One Who Can’t Understand Ozzy