Friday the 13th turned out to be a pretty lucky night for fans in attendance at a Slash gig, which took place at Showbox SoDo in Seattle, Washington. Joining the guitar god on stage was Velvet Revolver and ex Guns N’ Roses bandmate Duff McKagan, who stuck around for a couple of ditties.
The two performed renditions of Gunners’ hits So Easy and Paradise City. Slash, who normally seems like the kinda guy who’s real hard to please, seemed stoked on the performance, judging by one of his tweets after the show (see below).
The Gunners were very recently inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame…well, all but Axl Rose, who seems more than happy to go against the grain, regardless of how big an opportunity he might miss out on.
Velvet Revolver, on the other hand, seem to have lost their momentum. According to Blabbermouth the band is yet to replace former vocalist Scott Weiland who jumped ship in 2008, putting the band in a forced hiatus of sorts.
Thanks to Duff McKagan for coming down & jamming a couple tunes as well. Made it a perfect night. #itssoeasy# iiii]; )’
— Slash (@Slash) July 14, 2012
Check out the videos below!
- Slash: “Rock And Roll Is Starting To Show Its Teeth Right Now”
- Westfest 2015 First Lineup Arrives Next Week
- Slash Confirms Soundwave Festival Sideshows
- WATCH: Stone Temple Pilots Play With Slash And Duff; Release Statement About Weiland Lawsuit
- The Dead Daisies Release Interactive Short Film For Lock ‘N’ Load Featuring Slash
- Slash Jumps On Stage With DJ Chuckie And Betatraxx At Ultra Music Festival