Even 2 months after its release, Smashing Pumpkins are still finding traction with their latest album Oceania, recently performing the very well-received The Celestials on Jay Leno’s The Tonight Show.
The embattled Billy Corgan seems very comfortable performing the new material with the band’s fresh lineup, though Aussie fans got to witness that first hand during a spectacular set at this year’s Splendour in the Grass. The Pumpkins will now be heading off throughout the US and Canada for a run of headlining shows.
Corgan has been in the news for all sorts of reasons lately: his break-up with half of The Veronicas; public hits at Radiohead, Sound Garden, and rock music in general; his old bandmates; and the entire grunge movement, though as the below video shows, when it comes to music, Corgan always pulls through in the end.
Check it out thanks to Consequence of Sound.
- Review: The Smashing Pumpkins – Monuments To An Elegy
- Billy Corgan Calls Pearl Jam “Derivative”, Says Foo Fighters “Haven’t Evolved”
- Billy Corgan Says He And Kurt Cobain “Best Two Songwriters” Of 90s Grunge
- Watch The Smashing Pumpkins Debut New Live Lineup Featuring RATM’s Brad Wilk
- Billy Corgan Hits Back At CNN’s “Off His Alternative Rocker” Jibe
- The Smashing Pumpkins Pair With Tommy Lee For New Track ‘Being Beige’