Soundgarden have gone all out for the video feature that now accompanies their single By Crooked Steps. The Seattle grunge legends enlisted the burgeoning directing skills of Dave Grohl as well as the new-found acting talent of the moral compass of EDM, Deadmau5.
The clip is part funny, part bad ass but consistently awesome. After a cheeky round of poker, the band don their Motorcycle Club jackets, and roam the streets on a battalion of Segways like it ain’t nothing. With a horde of worshippers running after them, the dudes eventually find themselves annexing a stage from a lousy DJ.
The clip speaks volumes on the band’s opinion on electronic music and those who create it, which makes Deadmau5′s 2-second cameo at the end all the more hilarious. You’re a good sport, Mau5.
Grohl has once again made something that’s pure gold and given the buzz surrounding his other project as director, the Sound City Studios documentary. We are sure to see a lot more of this sort of work from the guy.
Check out the clip below.
- Nirvana’s Krist Novoselic: “Maybe We Can Make New Music One Day”
- Novoselic Used Nirvana Tabs Book To Re-Learn Songs For Hall Of Fame Induction
- Courtney Love And Dave Grohl Reconcile At Rock Hall Ceremony
- 2014′s Best April Fool’s Jokes
- Disney Investigating Deadmau5 Trademark Registration