Soundgarden have gone all out for the video feature that now accompanies their single By Crooked Steps. The Seattle grunge legends enlisted the burgeoning directing skills of Dave Grohl as well as the new-found acting talent of the moral compass of EDM, Deadmau5.
The clip is part funny, part bad ass but consistently awesome. After a cheeky round of poker, the band don their Motorcycle Club jackets, and roam the streets on a battalion of Segways like it ain’t nothing. With a horde of worshippers running after them, the dudes eventually find themselves annexing a stage from a lousy DJ.
The clip speaks volumes on the band’s opinion on electronic music and those who create it, which makes Deadmau5’s 2-second cameo at the end all the more hilarious. You’re a good sport, Mau5.
Grohl has once again made something that’s pure gold and given the buzz surrounding his other project as director, the Sound City Studios documentary. We are sure to see a lot more of this sort of work from the guy.
Check out the clip below.
- Watch Dave Grohl Write A “New Foo Fighters Song” With Help From A Chilean Audience
- Bonnaroo Reveal Their 2015 Lineup, Mumford and Sons To Return
- Basically Everyone Played At Dave Grohl’s Birthday Gig
- Drake, The Black Keys Headline New York’s Governors Ball 2015
- Dave Grohl, Corey Taylor’s Supergroup Teenage Time Killer Secure Record Deal
- Billy Corgan Calls Pearl Jam “Derivative”, Says Foo Fighters “Haven’t Evolved”