Tom Waits has released a new video for his song Hell Broke Luce, which is lifted from the prolific songwriter’s 16th studio record, 2011′s Bad As Me. The video comes after Waits released a series of images that simply read ‘Coming August 7′.
Many thought Waits was hinting at what would be a rare tour from the aging artist, but, as it turns out, the pictures are stills captured from the new music clip. NME has posted some quotes from Waits about the new clip, where Waits teases fans before explaining the concept behind the video.
“As most of you guessed, it’s a tour… a tour de force!” Waits joked.
“Matt Mahurin has created an apocalyptic war dream to accompany the song ‘Hell Broke Luce’. Kathleen (Brennan, Waits’ wife and artistic collaborator] and I envisioned it as an enlightened drill sergeant yelling the hard truths of war to a brand new batch of recruits. The video grew from the gnawing image of a soldier pulling his home, through a battlefield, at the end of a rope. I think you will agree, it’s uplifting and fun,” explained Waits.
Watch: Tom Waits – Hell Broke Luce
- Axl Rose Is Actually The Greatest Singer Of All Time, Says Chart
- Dave Grohl Performs On Stage With The Rolling Stones During World Tour
- Listen: Tom Waits And Keith Richards Collaboration ‘Shenandoah’
- Johnny Depp Recuits All-Star Lineup For Pirate-Themed Album
- The Decemberists To Appear On The Simpsons