Think Kamp Krusty but with rock stars, and maybe that’s what you’d get from combining Weezer and summer camp. During a recent interview with Melbourne’s Herald Sun, Weezer frontman Rivers Cuomo revealed the band’s very loose plans to curate their own version of summer camp.
“We’d like to put together some sort of Weezer camp… But we’re just beginning to talk about it, so I don’t have any details yet,” Cuomo told the Herald Sun.
During the same interview Cuomo talked about the prolonged hiatus Australian fans have endured in waiting for the band to return for tour, having last visited our shores in 1996. Earlier this year Weezer announced their first Australian tour in 16 years, and only the second overall in the band’s existence. Now it’s only a matter of months until Weezer play a handful of shows across Australia during January 2013.
“That was one of our low points in 1996… We were very unsure of the future of the band. We were not getting along and had a lot of hard feelings towards each other,” Cuomo explained to the Herald Sun.
“Now it couldn’t be more opposite… We’re all just good-natured, older, more relaxed people, enjoying hanging out and making music. We’ve got a good relationship with our audience, too.”
Watch: The Simpsons – Kamp Krusty
- Listen To Weezer’s First New Song In Four Years, ‘Back To The Shack’
- Weezer’s New Album Will Be ‘Pinkerton’ Meets ‘The Blue Album’
- Watch This Kid’s Weezer Cover Come Terribly Undone
- Weezer Announce New Album ‘Everything Will Be Alright In The End’
- Watch Weezer’s Drummer Achieve The Impossible With A Frisbee Mid-Song