Fans of Weezer have been given a sliver of hope this weekend that the band will be returning to our shores for the first time in almost two decades. News has come after frontman Rivers Cuomo posted on his Facebook page one simple but obvious hint…”Australia!”
Now, it was only one word, and ‘tour’ wasn’t even mentioned, but it was enough of a leak for fans to grab and run with. To further fuel the fire, and in response to ample questions on the topic, Cuomo commented on his post: “Australia And New Zealand!”.
Update 12/07: Weezer have announced an Australian tour for January 2013!
So while it hasn’t been confirmed, it’s pretty sure. I can’t imagine a band trolling two countries worth of fans in such a manner. If you’ve been paying attention to AJ Maddah’s twitter, you’ll know that Soundwave has no part in the alleged tour, despite many attempts over the years to bring them down.
@starjamgirl Can’t comment. Not involved.
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) June 3, 2012
Cuomo also posted a status saying “Jakarta”, so it’s safe to say he has our region on his mind. So keep those eyes pealed; my guess is that any day now we will have an official announcement.
- Listen To Weezer’s First New Song In Four Years, ‘Back To The Shack’
- Weezer’s New Album Will Be ‘Pinkerton’ Meets ‘The Blue Album’
- Watch This Kid’s Weezer Cover Come Terribly Undone
- Weezer Announce New Album ‘Everything Will Be Alright In The End’
- Watch Weezer’s Drummer Achieve The Impossible With A Frisbee Mid-Song
- Riot Fest’s 2014 Lineups Are Everything A Rock Fan Could Wish For