There is just so much to process here: what? how?…why? But regardless of how strange the idea may seem, Will.I.Am will be releasing his latest single through the on-board speakers of the Curiosity rover.
William (is it cool with you guys if I call him that?) has been in cahoots with NASA bosses a lot lately, and it would appear that some of the biggest brains in the world have ticked off the idea of debuting the track, titled Reach for the Stars (*rolls eyes**) during the first ever successful live exploration of Mars.
The tune will be played for students of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California on Tuesday for a special listening event, and will also officially unveil the education charity that they will be co-ordinating hand in hand with the musician: the i.am.angel Foundation, according to News.com.au
Now, what stumps me, is that out of the hundreds of years of human music, the track we chose to select to make our intergalactic debut is from the dude from The Black Eyed Peas. Sinatra, The Beatles, Hendrix, Dylan, Nirvana: none of these seemed like a better option? Adele even? But I digress..to my next issue. Why would you put speakers on Wall-E, surely that would somehow effect the drag coefficient, thus compromising the entire mission, just so Will.I.Am can, well, essentially have a wank on Mars?
But hey, why complain? Will.I.Am’s single is going to be playing on the furthest part of the galaxy that man has been. Hopefully it stays there.
- Kylie Minogue And Will.I.Am Join The Voice
- Tyler, The Creator Bets Will.I.Am $1,000,000 He Won’t Sell Out
- Will.I.Am And Pharrell Williams Butting Heads In Court
- Pharrell Williams Sues Will.i.am Right The Hell Back, Cites Dr Seuss
- Will.i.am Denies Suing Pharrell Williams, Pharrell Says Otherwise
- Will.i.am Files “Meritless And Ridiculous” Lawsuit Against Pharrell Williams