Interview: Astral People – Promoting A Culture Of Creativity
Astral People are a Sydney-based touring and artist management company concerned with representing and nurturing electronic acts whose ‘experimental sounds’ may not fit with other established scenes or styles.
Made up of young entrepreneurs Vichara Edirisinghe, Tom Huggett and Leron Danilowitz, Astral People represent the likes of Collarbones, Wintercoats, and Bon Chat, Bon Rat amongst their impressive young roster.
Together the trio have helped put on events such as the recently passed Beyond Blue Fundraiser and last year’s widely successful Outsidein Festival, which in January won the Sydney Music Art & Culture (SMAC) Award for ‘Best Music Event‘ in 2012.
Stopping by Music Feeds Studio to give a background on the company’s origins and ethos, Astral People are helping promote a culture of creativity where the music is paramount and artists can flourish in the knowledge that experimentation is welcomed.
- The Origins of Astral People
- Representing the Acts they Love
- How Astral People Discover New Acts
- How Acts can Contact Astral People
- What People can Expect from Astral People Shows
- Which Venues to Check Out for Underground Live Music
- New Astral People Acts to Listen out for in 2013