Interview: Clubfeet – ‘Emotional Dance Music’
Clubfeet have recently released their second studio LP Heirs & Graces. With ties to both Australia and South Africa, Clubfeet’s sophomore album is a mixture of influences, from sweaty party grooves to cool, spacious rock.
Lead single Heartbreak featuring Melbourne singer Chela found a home in triple j’s Hottest 200 at #157 while current single Everything You Wanted has a deeper meaning hidden under the exotic adventures in the catchy chorus.
Currently touring Australia behind Heirs & Graces, Clubfeet stopped by Music Feeds Studio to perform Everything You Wanted. Afterwards bassist Yves Roberts and vocalist Sebastian Cohen sat down to talk about Heirs & Graces and Clubfeet’s sound, which Cohen jokingly dubs as Emotional Dance Music.
- Single Everything You Wanted ties to Kimberley, South Africa
- Heirs & Graces a reflection of Clubfeet as individuals
- Heirs & Graces flow from indie to electronic
- Clubfeet’s indie sensibilities and electronic leanings – learning to use less layers
- Lead single Heartbreak originally not being a duet
- What vocalist Chela brought to Heartbreak