Interview: I Am Giant – The Not So Horrifying Truth
New Zealander/English alternative rockers I Am Giant are still reaping the rewards of their debut album, The Horrifying Truth, having recently rocked through town on the band’s Neon Sunrise Australian Tour and making a quick stop at Music Feeds Studio.
After performing a powerful acoustic version of single Purple Heart, frontman Ed Martin and an admittedly tired guitarist Andrew Kerr shed a little light on current single Neon Sunrise and EP track Blood Money, which was recently added to I Am Giant’s live set.
Not ones to rest on recent success, I Am Giant have already set their sights on the often difficult second album, reteaming with engineer/producer Forrester Savell. According to Martin’s progress report, the new album is in pre-production and will be recorded in France.
I Am Giant
- Meaning of I Am Giant’s current single Neon Sunrise
- Balancing responsibility and temptation as I Am Giant become bigger
- The story behind song Blood Money – recently added to I Am Giant’s live show
- I Am Giant’s fondness of 6-plus minute epics
- How 6-plus minute tracks like Electric Throne and Black Hole Of My Heart come together
- Progress on second album
- Where the second album will be recorded
- Pressure of the second album
- Writing on the road