Interview: Killswitch Engage – Soundwave 2013
Killswitch Engage were recently in the country, touring as part of Soundwave 2013. The tour saw not only the return of Killswitch Engage to Australia but also the return of original frontman Jesse Leach.
Leach was reinstated as the band’s singer after his replacement, Howard Jones, parted ways with KSE in January of last year. Moving forward with Leach, Killswitch Engage are ready to release their sixth studio album Disarm the Descent, due out in April. So far the upcoming Disarm the Descent has produced 1 leaked track, No End in Sight, and 1 official single, In Due Time.
Taking the time to speak with Music Feeds the day after Sydney Soundwave, Leach and lead guitarist Adam Dutkiewicz talked about touring, Disarm the Descent and getting angry with organised religion and government.
- Killswitch Engage playing new material during Soundwave 2013
- Jesse Leach singing Howard Jones songs
- Leach’s impact on new Killswitch Engage album Disarm the Decent
- Bastardisation of metalcore
- Disarm the Decent, an optimistic album?
- Last year’s leaked track No End In Sight
- Meaning behind new track Don’t Bleed For Me
- Choosing the next single
- Good drunken ideas