Interview: The Presidents Of The United States Of America – Goof & Grunge (Part 2)
The Presidents Of The United States Of America (PUSA) recently toured Australia, revisiting their multiplatinum ’95 debut album in its entirety. Standing the test of time, PUSA’s debut contains singles Kitty, Lump, Peaches and Dune Buggy, with each track outlasting its initial novelty.
While in town PUSA stopped into Music Feeds Studio to lay down live acoustic versions of Feather Pluckn & Jennifer’s Jacket and shoot the shit about the band’s first album. In Part 1, original members Chris Ballew & Jason Finn spoke of how the ’90s Seattle grunge scene shaped PUSA.
In this installment of Goof & Grunge, things get a little more specific with some background given on the origins of album track Stranger and hit single Peaches. Also guitarist and newest member of PUSA, Andrew McKeag talks about what it’s like to perform the songs he was a fan of for so long.
Presidents of the United States of America
- Pixies begot Nirvana, Nirvana begot PUSA
- Deep cut Stranger written by Seattle citizens
- Newish member Andrew McKeag on performing PUSA songs
- What Chris Ballew & Jason Finn recall when performing classic PUSA songs from the ’90s
- Marxist interpretation of Peaches