Interview: Jonathan Boulet – Bon Voyage
Last week Jonathan Boulet performed his last Australian show for a while. Playing before friends in his home town of Sydney, Boulet will now be travelling overseas to perform at SXSW and tour the States before settling in Europe to work on his next album.
It was an impressive 2012 for Boulet, releasing his stellar sophomore solo album We Keep The Beat, Found The Sound, See The Need, Start The Heart. It was an album that spawned unique singles like You’re A Animal, Trounce and, perhaps most impressively, This Song Is Called Ragged.
Sitting with Music Feeds before his ‘last show’, Boulet chatted candidly about the devolution of his live show, changes he’d make to We Keep The Beat…, the importance of sounding different and the current state of Australian music.
Bon Voyage, Mr Boulet – we wish you the best of luck!
- What’s taking Jonathan Boulet overseas
- How has Boulet’s live show evolved in the last 9 months
- Changes Boulet would make to We Keep The Beat…
- Making those changes during live shows
- What part drums will play on the next record
- Not being open to outside input when it comes to solo work
- Does attempting to sound different run the risk not sounding like yourself
- To sound different is to sound like yourself
- The embarrassing monotony of Australian music