The Jungle Giants are back with their first new single since their 2021 album Love Signs: a woozy, electronic cut called ‘Trippin Up’. It’s the first preview of the band’s upcoming fifth studio album – details of which are currently under wraps.
“So pumped to be releasing ‘Trippin Up’,”frontman Sam Hales said in a statement. “It all began with a dive into some aspects of electronic drum production that were so fun to experiment with. Can’t wait to see that drop live baby.”
The Jungle Giants – ‘Trippin Up’
The Jungle Giants will kick off an Australian tour in May, playing shows in Hobart, Adelaide, Fremantle, Wollongong, Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane, the God Coast, Sunshine Coast and Melbourne.
The band will be joined on the run by Sydney psych-rock outfit The Lazy Eyes as well as AROHA. See dates and venues below – tickets are on sale next Friday, 17th March from 9am AEDT, with a pre-sale kicking off on Tuesday, 14th March from 9am.
Along with playing loads of music festival, they’ve released a handful ofLove Signs remixes, including Bag Raiders‘ rework of the title track and Harvey Sutherland‘s spin on ‘Something Got Between Us’. Last year, Hales united with Hermitude on the duo’s Mirror Mountain track ‘When You Feel Like This’.
The Jungle Giants 2022 Australian Tour
Supported by The Lazy Eyes and AROHA
- Friday, 19th May – Uni Bar, Hobart TAS
- Saturday, 20th May – Hindley Street Music Hall, Adelaide SA
- Saturday, 27th May – Metropolis, Fremantle WA
- Thursday, 1st June – Uni Hall, Wollongong NSW
- Friday, 2nd June – UC Refectory, Canberra ACT
- Saturday, 3rd June – Enmore Theatre, Sydney NSW
- Friday, 9th June – The Tivoli, Brisbane QLD
- Saturday, 10th June – Dreamworld, Gold Coast QLD
- Sunday, 11th June – Venue 114, Sunshine Coast QLD
- Friday, 23rd June – Forum, Melbourne VIC
Tickets on sale Friday, 17th March from 9am AEDT.