Soundwave promoter AJ Maddah says Rise Against will embark on two separate tours of Australia next year. According to the touring mogul, the beloved Chicago punk rock outfit will tour the country once while supporting another act, before embarking on their own headline tour “a few months later”.
Writing via Twitter, Maddah stressed that the Illinois rockers would not be appearing at Soundwave, having ruled them out earlier this month. The group, who released new album The Black Market in July, were strongly rumoured to be one of the names on the festival’s second lineup announcement.
Rumours of a potential Soundwave appearance were first sparked back in June after Rise Against frontman Tim McIlrath told Music Feeds that the group were considering several options that would bring them Down Under “in the first half of 2015“. McIlrath later told Triple J that the band have “a big tour planned for early 2015″ and said that they would be going with one of two possible touring options.
“We’re either doing one or the other, they’re both on the table right now and we’ve just got to figure out which one makes the most sense and fits in the schedule,” McIlrath told the Aussie youth station. The frontman also indicated that the tour would fall around “February-March… early 2015 we’ll say.”
It’s unclear at this time who Rise Against will be supporting ahead of their own headline tour. Currently, the only non-festival dates that Soundwave Touring have officially confirmed is a November headline tour from heavy metal favourites Trivium, who will be supported by Swedish death metallers In Flames.
Watch: Rise Against – I Don’t Want To Be Here Anymore
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) September 15, 2014