Gary Clark Jr. is currently touring Australia as part of Big Day Out 2013. Having played one sideshow at Sydney’s Factory Theatre and with another to come in Melbourne, locals fans are witnessing first-hand the capabilities of this incredible musician.
A few days before delivering some mind-blowing solos on BDO Sydney, Clark Jr. stopped by The Studio to discuss The Blues and share some of the incredible moments experienced since the release of his major label debut, 2012’s Blak And Blu.
Gary Clark Jr.
• The first time he successfully captured a certain feeling on guitar
• The stubbornness required to achieve greatness
• Importance of spaces between notes when playing The Blues
• Why the blues makes putting your heart on your sleeve so masculine
• Instruments of interest, other than guitar
• Covering Freddie King’s Goin’ Down with The Rolling Stones and improvising his solo
• The possibility of jamming with Stevie Wonder