AC/DC‘s Rock Or Bust — an album so rockin’ that it has four songs with the word “rock” in their title — has beat out albums by the likes of Nickelback, Foo Fighters and Breaking Benjamin to become the best-selling hard rock album of 2015.
Released in November 2014, Rock Or Bust is still selling like hotcakes, and has sold more copies than Nickelback’s No Fixed Address, Foo Fighters’ Sonic Highways, Disturbed’s Immortalized and Slipknot’s .5, The Grey Chapter over the last 12 months, according to data compiled by Nielsen Music for Billboard.
Rock Or Bust sold nearly three million copies worldwide in 2014 alone, despite being the shortest of AC/DC’s 17 studio albums. It has peaked at number one on the charts in 12 countries, including Australia, Canada, Germany and Sweden.
Elsewhere on the list of this year’s best selling hard rock albums, Iron Maiden land the number 10 spot with their newly-released full-length effort The Book of Souls, while Marilyn Manson’s The Pale Emperor just misses a top-10 spot.
Catch the 20 highest selling hard rock albums of 2015 below, and the full list over at Billboard.
Watch: AC/DC – Rock Or Bust
Billboard‘s Highest Selling Hard Rock Albums of 2015
01. AC/DC — Rock or Bust
02. Nickelback — No Fixed Address
03. Foo Fighters — Sonic Highways
04. Breaking Benjamin — Dark Before Dawn
05. Five Finger Death Punch — Got Your Six
06. Disturbed — Immortalized
07. Slipknot — .5, The Grey Chapter
08. In This Moment — Black Widow
09. Halestorm — Into the Wild Life
10. Iron Maiden — The Book of Souls
11. Marilyn Manson — The Pale Emperor
12. Shinedown — Threat To Survival
13. Royal Blood — Royal Blood
14. Three Days Grace — Human
15. Bring Me The Horizon — That’s The Spirit
16. Lamb Of God — VII: Sturm Und Drang
17. Slayer — Repentless
18. Sleeping With Sirens — Madness
19. August Burns Red — Found In Far Away Places
20. Red — Of Beauty And Rage
Gallery: AC/DC, The Hives, Kingswood – Queensland Sport and Athletics Centre, Brisbane 12.11.15 / Photos: Rebecca Reid