Azealia Banks has taken to Twitter to reveal the details of the lead single to be taken from her debut album Broke With Expensive Taste, which is due out in a few months.
Banks will unleash the track Yung Rapuxnel on our ears on February 12. No other details on the track or its origins are available; however, as you can see, the rapper has made an effort to namedrop her genre of choice in the song title.
NME reports that Banks tweeted about a “BIG CHANGE OF PLANS” earlier this morning, before tweeting details of Yung Rapuxnel’s release. She further confirmed this by retweeting a tweet from the @Azealianews fan account. You can check out the tweets below.
Banks has been making plenty of headlines lately – she recently earned the wrath of The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation group (GLAAD) after describing celebrity goss blogger Perez Hilton as a “messy faggot” as part of the duo’s online war of words.
She also said earlier this year that she may release not just one, but two albums if she has her way, and may stop rapping after 2013.
Azealia Banks will be in Australia for the Future Music Festival in early March.
- #Azealia Banks
- Azealia Banks Hands Over Twitter Account
- WATCH: Azealia Banks’ ‘Young Rapunxel’ Clip Is An Eye-Mouth Opener
- A$AP Nast Tweets Lewd Pics Of Azealia Banks After She Questions A$AP Rocky’s Sexuality (NSFW)
- Watch: Azealia Banks – ‘No Problems’
- BREAKING: Azealia Banks Cancels Set At Future Music Festival Adelaide Due To ‘Road Hags’