After their guitarist squashed rumours of a reunion last week, it looks like US emo rockers Fall Out Boy are going to be getting back together after all.
Stereoboard reports several sources are pretty confident the band will be making a comeback announcement in the US overnight, and that the band will mark their return with a spot on popular talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live.
Chicago alternative radio station Q87.7 – who have regularly played the band in the past – declared they are making a ‘secret major announcement’ later today – and all the members of Fall Out Boy are allegedly in Chicago at the moment. Interesting.
On top of that, other sources claim the band are performing a secret gig in New York tomorrow, and that it could be something to do with this year marking the 10th anniversary of their debut album Take This To The Grave. Anniversary tour anyone?
Fall Out Boy split up in 2009 after eight years together and selling more than 7.5 million albums worldwide. Frontman Pete Wentz told fans on Twitter that “Something would have to change in my head or my heart … not my wallet” for him to play with the band again.
- Review: Soundwave 2015, Melbourne – Pummelling Metal & Heartfelt Pop Punk For Young And Old
- Fall Out Boy Sidewaves With Twin Atlantic, Emily’s Army Announced
- Review: Fall Out Boy – American Beauty/American Psycho
- Fall Out Boy Stream New Album, Attempt ‘Uptown Funk’ Cover
- Hear Fall Out Boy’s New Song, ‘Irresistible’
- Watch A Drunk Brendon Urie from Panic! At The Disco Tell The History Of Fall Out Boy