After their guitarist squashed rumours of a reunion last week, it looks like US emo rockers Fall Out Boy are going to be getting back together after all.
Stereoboard reports several sources are pretty confident the band will be making a comeback announcement in the US overnight, and that the band will mark their return with a spot on popular talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live.
Chicago alternative radio station Q87.7 – who have regularly played the band in the past – declared they are making a ‘secret major announcement’ later today – and all the members of Fall Out Boy are allegedly in Chicago at the moment. Interesting.
On top of that, other sources claim the band are performing a secret gig in New York tomorrow, and that it could be something to do with this year marking the 10th anniversary of their debut album Take This To The Grave. Anniversary tour anyone?
Fall Out Boy split up in 2009 after eight years together and selling more than 7.5 million albums worldwide. Frontman Pete Wentz told fans on Twitter that “Something would have to change in my head or my heart … not my wallet” for him to play with the band again.
- Don’t Let Fall Out Boy Delete U2 Off Your iPhone
- Stream Fall Out Boy’s Brand-New Single ‘Centuries’
- Booking Your Favourite Band Isn’t As Expensive As You Thought
- Courtney Love Plays Dictator In Fall Out Boy’s ‘Rat A Tat’ Video
- Fall Out Boy – Festival Hall, Melbourne 26/10/2013
- Fall Out Boy Release ‘Just One Yesterday’ Video Featuring Foxes