Good news, Foo Fighters fans – drummer Taylor Hawkins has confirmed that the creative process for the Seattle outfit’s eighth studio album has begun, saying the yet-to-be-named record is going to be “great”. Duh.
Hawkins told Billboard, “We’re getting started. We’re getting our ideas together. Dave has his brain working overtime, like usual, and he’s got a lot of great ideas, both musically and conceptually – none that I can speak of at this moment, but it’s gonna be great. It’s gonna be cool.”
According to Hawkins, the best is yet to come from The Foos, and Everlong it ain’t. He explained that the band always feel like they haven’t released their best record yet. “Although some people may feel we have, I still think we haven’t written our Hotel California or our Bohemian Rhapsody or whatever. You should always be a little scared. Every time you start a record, you have to be, like, ready to fuckin’ kill yourself or it’s not gonna be any good.”
Back in January, Dave Grohl confirmed that The Foos had “big plans” for their follow-up to 2011′s Wasting Light, saying that although he couldn’t say when it would be out, they knew exactly what they wanted to do with the album. Exciting!
Watch: Dave Grohl – Help Me Shaun!
- Watch The New Foo Fighters ‘Something From Nothing’ Video
- Foo Fighters Celebrate ‘Sonic Highways’ Debut With Secret Gig, ‘Letterman’ Top 10
- Watch Foo Fighters And Cheap Trick’s Rick Nielsen Team Up On ‘Letterman’
- Foo Fighters Want To Give Australia Something, Or Nothing
- Hear Foo Fighters’ ‘Something From Nothing’, The First Song From ‘Sonic Highways’
- Foo Fighters Meet ‘Polk Salad Annie’ On ‘Letterman’ Day 3