Good news, Foo Fighters fans – drummer Taylor Hawkins has confirmed that the creative process for the Seattle outfit’s eighth studio album has begun, saying the yet-to-be-named record is going to be “great”. Duh.
Hawkins told Billboard, “We’re getting started. We’re getting our ideas together. Dave has his brain working overtime, like usual, and he’s got a lot of great ideas, both musically and conceptually – none that I can speak of at this moment, but it’s gonna be great. It’s gonna be cool.”
According to Hawkins, the best is yet to come from The Foos, and Everlong it ain’t. He explained that the band always feel like they haven’t released their best record yet. “Although some people may feel we have, I still think we haven’t written our Hotel California or our Bohemian Rhapsody or whatever. You should always be a little scared. Every time you start a record, you have to be, like, ready to fuckin’ kill yourself or it’s not gonna be any good.”
Back in January, Dave Grohl confirmed that The Foos had “big plans” for their follow-up to 2011’s Wasting Light, saying that although he couldn’t say when it would be out, they knew exactly what they wanted to do with the album. Exciting!
Watch: Dave Grohl – Help Me Shaun!
- Foo Fighters Are Helping A Sick Aussie Fan Achieve His Bucket List Wish
- Foo Fighters Might Bring A New Sonic Highways Series To Australia
- Watch Fear Factory’s Dino Cazares Jam With Exodus At Sydney’s Frankie’s Pizza
- Watch Dave Grohl Cover His Old Band With Rise Against In Adelaide
- Foo Fighters Promoter Responds To AJ Maddah’s Adelaide Comments
- AJ Maddah Deflates Foo Fighters’ Adelaide Chest-Puff