Kasabian frontman Tom Meighan has come out swinging at boy-band-of -the-moment One Direction – describing them as “five little dicks.”
Meighan made the comments to Gigwise as both UK acts have contrasting levels of success in cracking the American market.
While Kasabian have been slogging away trying to achieve success wherever they can in the States, One Direction instantly rose to fame when, earlier this year, they became the first British act to enter the Billboard albums chart at Number One with their debut album Up All Night.
“It’s frustrating when you see five little dicks like that take over America; it’s horrific but you’ve just got to get on with it”, Meighan said. “They’re a boyband for God’s sake and there will always be room for boybands. They’re kids. Let them eat the candy.”
Meighan went on to tell Gigwise about Kasabian’s gruelling time on the road in America:
“We went to America and it was a harsh fucking tour we did. We did nearly eight weeks out there and it was fucking gruelling. It was the hardest we’ve ever been pushed. We did well, we won the war on terror on that one. We’ve got to keep going back and back.”
According to NME, Kasabian are releasing a new live CD/DVD package called Live! – Live At The O2, which was filmed at the band’s show at London’s O2 Arena on December 15 last year. It’s scheduled for release in the UK on June 25, but there’s no word of an Australian release date yet.
- Liam Gallagher Aims High, Picks One Direction As “Biggest Competition”
- Watch: Dave Grohl Takes Cheeky Jabs At One Direction And Foo Fighters In SXSW Speech
- The Rolling Stones Confirmed For Glastonbury By Kasabian
- Biffy Clyro, Muse, The Killers Amongst 2013 NME Awards Winners – One Direction Not So Much
- Flume Smacks Justin Bieber…Off The Top Of ARIA Chart