In what can be described as the biggest cockup of a festival since the infamous Blueprint Festival, which went $500,000 into debt with organisers having to go into hiding in fear of their lives, Heatwave has gone out with a finial bang, with headline act Kid Cudi trashing the stage in anger with the event’s organisation.
The event occurred at the Melbourne leg of the festival in which acts who were booked to start playing at 2:30 did not take the stage until 5:30. It all started the day before, when organisers were unable to obtain a liquor license for the festival, and all patrons had to drink water as their only option. However, when Kid Cudi’s set was cut in half, things really hit the fan.
Not being able to play what he considers his ‘favourite’ of his songs; Memories, Day N’ Nite and Pursuit of Happiness due to his set being cut in half, Kid Cudi completely lost the plot, trashing anything he could get his hands on, says ToneDeaf.
This just adds to the list of problems that the organisers have to face now, with a Facebook group being set up to honour their failure. I’m sure we won’t be seeing this festival next year.
- Kid Cudi: Hip Hop is “Holding Us Back As A Culture”
- Lollapalooza 2014 Chile And Argentina Lineups Announced
- Heatwave Defends Itself & Other Hip Hop Festivals In Australia
- Kid Cudi Leaves Kanye’s G.O.O.D Music, But “It’s All Love”
- Kendrick Lamar, Common Plus More To Feature On New Kid Cudi Album