Rap superstar Lil Wayne has two albums left in him – and then he’s going to retire…or so he tells MTV.
The rapper hinted in an interview with the popular music network that he was planning on retiring sooner rather than later.
“I know y’all want me around for a little bit… Carter V is my last album,” he said.
“I signed my contract at 11, I went platinum at 14. I’m 30 now. Thank God I haven’t put an album out that hasn’t went platinum. To just keep goin’ like that, I think not only am I being greedy, I’m fooling myself to think that it will continue to be great.”
Wayne, who supported Eminem on his Australian tour last year, was hospitalised twice last month after experiencing “seizure-like” symptoms on his private jet. So maybe his recent health scares have led him to have a bit of a re-think about the important things in life.
Lil Wayne has pumped out 11 mixtapes and 9 studio albums throughout his career, including numerous collaborative albums.
His tenth studio album, I Am Not a Human Being II, is due for release in February.
- Dr Dre Surpasses Diddy To Become The Richest Star In Hip-Hop
- Lil Wayne Launches Sports Agency, Signs Cristiano Ronaldo
- Eminem Explains Why He Felt Threatened By Kanye West
- Dave Chappelle Tackles Kanye And Lil Wayne In Chicago Comeback Show
- Papoose Makes Unscheduled Appearance On Stage At Summer Jam
- Drake’s Dad Leaks Album Tracklist Showing Collabs With Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake & Frank Ocean