She may currently be living it up in Paris, but Lorde doesn’t seem to have an off switch. Today brings the very welcome sight of a new track from the Kiwi, and Team is sure to be the perfect soundtrack to whatever your Friday night plans might be.
In a note attached to the new release, Lorde says, “The heroes and heroines of this city [Paris] aren’t so hard to find,” which will make sense once Team fills your earholes with its blissful melody.
The 16-year-old says she was deeply affected by the sights and sounds of Paris. On the vibe she was looking for on Team, Lorde says:
“This song’s a little more mismatched, less classic courtesans on their pedestals, but nonetheless brilliant. this song is kinda of that world, and at the same time, very much of this one.”
The track is well poised to follow on from the success of singles Royals and Tennis Court, which have launched Lorde onto the international stage. Her debut full-length album Pure Heroine, which features Team, will be available locally from Friday, 27th September and will be supported by a run of headlining Australian tour dates.
Listen: Lorde – Team
- Iggy Azalea Beats Eminem, Drake At American Music Awards
- Lorde Defends Taylor Swift By Mocking Diplo’s “Tiny Penis”
- Lorde’s ‘Flicker (Kanye West Rework)’ Has Landed
- Lorde Celebrates Her 18th Birthday With The ‘Yellow Flicker Beat’ Video
- Listen To 12-Year Old Lorde Cover Kings Of Leon’s ‘Use Somebody’
- That Kanye West / Lorde Collaboration Is Finally Happening