Madonna is set to announce an Australian tour according to an article published on the Huffington Post today. The article, which reported on the amount she stood to earn in 2012, said: “An Australian leg of the tour is being announced shortly” suggesting she will head down under earlier than expected.
According to the report, Maddona stands to pocket up to $500 million US dollars on the back of her latest album MDNA. The album was Madonna’s attempt to connect with EDM fans; however, EDM pioneer Deadmau5 wasn’t too impressed by her antics at the Ultra Music Festival in Miami earlier this year.
In a cringeworthy intro to Avicii’s set, Madonna made reference to the “molly”, a term often used in reference to the drug MDMA. Deadmau5 took offense to this and wrote on his Facebook page: “Fuck Off You Fucking IDIOT”. Madonna later claimed she had been referring to the song called ‘Have You Seen Molly’, which was written by her friend who she almost worked with on the MDNA album.
Avicii has already been rumoured for the upcoming Stereosonic lineup; should we add Madge to the list as well?
An official announcement is expected shortly.
- Madonna Is Touring Australia For The First Time Since 1993
- Madonna Had A Massive Stack Onstage At The BRIT Awards, But She’s OK Now
- AC/DC To Perform At The Grammy Awards
- Madonna’s Manager Denies Ariel Pink Is Working On Her New Album
- Madonna Working With Disclosure?
- Rolling Stones Top Billboard’s Highest Grossing Live Acts List