Madonna is set to announce an Australian tour according to an article published on the Huffington Post today. The article, which reported on the amount she stood to earn in 2012, said: “An Australian leg of the tour is being announced shortly” suggesting she will head down under earlier than expected.
According to the report, Maddona stands to pocket up to $500 million US dollars on the back of her latest album MDNA. The album was Madonna’s attempt to connect with EDM fans; however, EDM pioneer Deadmau5 wasn’t too impressed by her antics at the Ultra Music Festival in Miami earlier this year.
In a cringeworthy intro to Avicii’s set, Madonna made reference to the “molly”, a term often used in reference to the drug MDMA. Deadmau5 took offense to this and wrote on his Facebook page: “Fuck Off You Fucking IDIOT”. Madonna later claimed she had been referring to the song called ‘Have You Seen Molly’, which was written by her friend who she almost worked with on the MDNA album.
Avicii has already been rumoured for the upcoming Stereosonic lineup; should we add Madge to the list as well?
An official announcement is expected shortly.
- Madonna Accused Of Stealing Merch Design
- Madonna Gets All Middle Aged On Audience “If You’re Going To Smoke Cigarettes, I’m Not Doing A Show”
- Madonna Chucks An ‘Axl Rose’, Shows Up To Gig Hours Late
- Watch: Madonna Hit The Deck During Live Show
- Madonna Brings A Fake Gun On Stage In Denver, Gets Slammed By Fans