Of Mice & Men frontman Austin Carlile has unveiled some great news for their loyal followers. Though the next few months for the band will involve a crazy amount of touring, they have announced that they are planning a bit of a Christmas surprise for us.
As Austin explained in our interview backstage at Soundwave Sydney, they so far have around four demos – all held on his phone apparently – one of which has vocals, but it may not be too long until we can hear them for ourselves. “Our listeners are definitely going to have a Christmas present,” he teases.
This will be the super anticipated third album from the band who reissued a deluxe version of their recent album The Flood. Rather than releasing a new EP, the band loaded The Flood up with four new jams, which are a solid indication of the direction the new album will be going in.
For now, the songs will remain on Austin’s phone but this is still a great reason to get excited.
Check out a snippet of our full interview with Austin Carlile below – the complete video will be available soon!
Watch: Austin Carlile says new Of Mice & Men album to arrive before Christmas
- Of Mice & Men Stream New Single ‘You’re Not Alone’
- Of Mice & Men Announce New Album ‘Restoring Force’ For January 2014
- SXSW 2014 Lineup Adds Over 300 New Acts
- Sleeping With Sirens Part Ways With Guitarist Jesse Lawson
- Sylosis Members Hospitalised Following RV Crash, Cancel Remaining Shows
- Bring Me The Horizon Release Music Video For New Single ‘Can You Feel My Heart’