Two of Canada’s err…gifts to the musical world are racking their musical minds together.
Nickelback‘s Chad Kroeger – aka the human Paddle Pop Lion – has been in the studio co-writing songs with Sk8er Boi Avril Lavigne for her new record.
Lavigne revealed the collaboration earlier this year, tweeting a corny photo of them hugging in the studio (see above).
Originally they were only going to write one or two songs, but Kroeger has told Boston’s Mix 104.1 that they’ve now written a whole stack of stuff.
“We were just gonna [do a] couple of tunes. And then she wanted me to sing on one of them and then we just started flying on all these different songs.”
According to Loudwire, “things just clicked real quick,” between the Nickleback frontman and Lavigne, with Kroeger also mentioning in the radio interview that she “has a lot of tricks in her arsenal,” and “she can pound the vodka for a girl of her stature”.
To top off the star-studded collaborators, Lavigne has also been working with former Evanescence member David Hodges.
No release date has yet been set for the record…which, frankly, unless you’re hardcore fans of those three acts, is probably a good thing.
- You Can Have An Awkward Photo With Avril Lavigne For $400
- Even Fans Don’t Like The New Avril Lavigne Video
- Rolling Stone Readers’ Worst Acts Of The ’90s Include Creed, Hanson And…Nirvana?
- Avril Lavigne Announces Marilyn Manson Collaboration
- Listen (If You Dare): Avril Lavigne Covers Nickelbacks How You Remind Me
- Chad Kroeger: “I Paid One Of Our Drum Techs To Stick His Penis In A Fan”