Despite the constantly swelling Austalian fan base the band holds, and despite the awesome like-a-version cover of their latest single Survival conducted by triple j, the band has confirmed that Australian stages won’t be graced with their presence until 2014.
The news came through after triple j mag editor Samantha Clode tweeted (see below) home from her current location in the UK where she can be found chatting to some talent.
Not gonna lie, a bit of a bummer for fans of the band who happen to live in Australia. It’s been a couple of years now between drinks. Muse were last here for a headlining slot at BDO 2010 as well as a couple of cheeky headlining dates later in the year. The band is a hot topic around many musical circles currently given their latest releases, which seems to showcase the band’s shift from cool nerd rock to dubstep, as well as the whole Olympics thing, something people all over the world are dying to witness in a live setting.
However, we will have to wait a little longer than everyone else. Once again Australia finds itself on the backburner of massive international tour circuits.
@wickesgirl Aloha! Yep, in ye old Londontown for interviews today. They were very chuffed with the rendition. No Oz tour though ’til 2014.
— Samantha Clode (@samanthaclode) July 11, 2012
- Here’s Everything We Know About Muse’s New Album
- Is This Our First Hint At Who’s Playing Splendour 2015?
- Muse In The Studio With AC/DC Producer For New Album
- Muse Share Images And Video From New Album Sessions
- Muse’s Dom Howard: “Seven Day Countdown To Album Number Seven”
- New Muse Album Will Deal With World War III And More