It appears it is now Australia’s turn to walk up to the chopping block and wait patiently for the axe that is coming in the form of a Nickelback tour. OK, so maybe it’s not that extreme, but hey, plenty of things aren’t as extreme as having your head chopped off, but we still hate them. Stubbing your big toe, for example, is probably a more appropriate comparison to a Nickelback tour: annoying, way more torturous than you’d expect it to be, and even though we know it doesn’t last forever, it fucking feels like it does.
So, if you could see the leg of a chair approaching and therefore could avoid stubbing your toe, wouldn’t you? Well, my friends, that chair leg is staring us right in the face, um, toes. And we have the chance to sidestep it. This is a petition (sign below) to send Nickelback back where they came from, similar to the one they did in Detroit, but this one will work. How do I know? Cos I’ve got a real good feeling.
I have compiled a short list of reasons as to why all you beautiful readers should sign it, after all, it was you people who fired up at the tour announcement, y’all better be signing this. I’m sure the list will cater for all people’s opinions. Though this is the internet, there are no rules; add your own reasons to the list! Letting Nickelback into our country: we either do it, or we don’t. Let’s don’t.
Why should you sign this Petition?
- Chad Kroger looks too similar to the Paddle pop lion for them to be welcome; I don’t want to get them mixed up.
- They have gone on file as saying they don’t care what we think and that hurts.
- We have enough poisonous things here already without adding Nickelback to the mix.
- They’re so lame.
- Aussies have a habit of rioting when we’re not happy; Nickelback won’t make us happy
- ACDC, INXS, Screaming Jets, The Angels – when it comes to rock we need to keep our high standards.
- Bieber was JUST here; fans of terrible Canadian music have had their fix.
- If you sign it I will be your best friend.
- I just really hate Nickelback. Does that count as a reason?
- It’s my birthday week and I’m guessing you forgot, so this can count as my present.
- They told me the other day that they hated you.
Sign the Petition below:
If you are having troubles with the widget, you can sign the petition here.
NICKELBACK 2012 AUSTRALIAN TOUR DATES:
November 17 – Perth Arena, Perth
November 20 – Adelaide Entertainment Centre, Adelaide
November 22 – Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane
November 24 – Allphones Arena, Sydney
November 27 – Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
Tickets go on sale July 31 – Nickelback fan club members will get access to a pre-sale from midday tomorrow. Subscribers to the Live Nation and Ticketek websites will get access to a pre-sale on July 26 and 27.
- Chad Kroeger Responds To Anti-Nickelback Crowdfunding Campaign
- Crowdfunding Campaign Launched To Prevent Nickelback Concert
- Avril Lavigne Announces Marilyn Manson Collaboration
- Catholic College Radio Bans Offensive Band Names…And The Biebs
- Listen (If You Dare): Avril Lavigne Covers Nickelbacks How You Remind Me
- Sum 41 Frontman Dresses Up As Avril Lavigne For Halloween Prank, Chad Kroeger Hits Back