The first act for Splendour In The Grass 2013 has been revealed – with Tim DeLaughter tweeting that his band Polyphonic Spree will play the festival in Byron Bay in July.
DeLaughter confirmed the band’s appearance in a reply to a fan’s question on Twitter, saying they would be there for “splendor” and they would also do some sideshows “for sure”.
You can check out the Twitter conversation at the bottom of the page.
Polyphonic Spree are no stranger to Splendour In The Grass – they played the festival back in 2008. The band last visited our shores in 2010 to play Playground Weekender and do their own shows as well.
Dates haven’t yet been confirmed for Splendour 2013, but the festival is typically held on the last weekend of July. Last year, the festival moved back to Belongil Fields in Byron Bay after two years at a bigger site in Woodford, Queensland, which is home to the Woodford Folk Festival. Jack White, Bloc Party and The Smashing Pumpkins headlined the three day event.
In 2013, the event will move to its new permanent Byron Bay home at the North Byron Parklands.
- Placebo Reveal Details On New Album, Australian Tour Announcement Coming Soon
- Exclusive Live Stream: Birds Of Tokyo Performance And Interview At Music Feeds Studio
- KIM & Beni Announce Australian Tour Dates, June/July 2013
- Exclusive Live Stream: Mantra Performance And Interview At Music Feeds Studio
- Go Violets Hitting The Road In Honour Of New Single ‘Josie’