Daft Punk seem to be the group that is always buzzworthy: simply a rumour is enough to send the interwebs into a frenzy. However, following an article posted in French Electro themed magazine, Tsugi, we might have more than just a rumour on our hands.
According to Stoney Roads, the magazine leaked information on the new material, which up until now had a big question mark over its head. Firstly they stated that they could confirm the title of a new album, Renoma Street, and after a fan’s persistance via Twitter regarding a release date, the editor responded: 21/7.
Fans of the French electronic giants are approaching the news with caution after a recent copycat fooled many by posting a short recording falsely under their name.
Further adding to the rumour mill, Chic’s Nile Rogers along with Mark Ronson will be hosting the Montreux Dance Party: a massive jazz event with ‘two very special DJs’ appearing on the bill, who are yet to be named. Now, Rogers and Ronson have teamed up with Daft Punk in the studio, suggesting fans can expect a massive change in direction from the lads.
- #Daft Punk
- Liam Gallagher: “I’d Write [Daft Punk's] ‘Get Lucky’ In A Fucking Hour”
- Daft Punk Get A Lotus F1 Race Car
- Daft Punk ‘Random Access Memories’ Bonus Track ‘Horizon’ Makes Its Way Online
- House Fire Blocks Fans Access To Daft Punk Wee Waa Album Launch
- Daft Punk Odds-On Favourite To Break Fastest-Selling Album Record