Fans at the Dallas leg of the currently-in-progress Mayhem Festival would have been expecting to see all 8 or so Slipknot members giving 110%, like they do at every live show, but no one was expecting frontman Corey Taylor to push it even further, resulting in the singer blacking out mid song.
A watcher-on was able to catch the moment on camera, sort of; you see Taylor get dizzy then you see someone helping him off stage. It seems to be an issue of Taylor simply overheating, nothing to be too concerned about. A simple tweet revealed that he was fine and in good spirits (see below).
The band has been in the wars a bit lately with guitarist Jim Root pulling out of shows after his appendix burst, according to Loudwire. The Mayhem Festival is currently doing the rounds of the US and features bands such as Slayer, Motorhead, Anthrax, As I Lay Dying, The Devil Wears Prada and is headlined by Slipknot themselves.
The band was here for Soundwave recently, so we got to see firsthand just how crazy their live show is, with plenty of running, jumping off things, and all in jumpsuits and masks.
Hello everyone. I’m fine- just overheated in Dallas last night. Ready and waiting for Houston! Thank you to everyone for your concerns!
— CmthrfcknT (@CoreyTaylorRock) July 11, 2012
- Slipknot’s New Album ‘.5: The Gray Chapter’ Released This October
- Slipknot Stream New Single ‘The Devil In I’
- No Faith No More, Slipknot Sidewaves In 2015
- Lamb of God’s Chris Adler Says He’s Not Slipknot’s New Drummer
- Is Lamb Of God’s Chris Adler Slipknot’s New Drummer?
- Corey Taylor Keeping New Slipknot Drummer’s Identity “Under Wraps”