Following a shaky year in 2011 where organisers had to revise the lineup less than a month out from the festival, University of Canberra’s annual music festival Stonefest has been rebranded for 2012.
Now known as Stone Day, the event will take place on Friday, October 26 – in and around the Zierholz precinct at the University of Canberra. The event will have performances across four stages: The Zierholz Stage, The Silent Party, The Ball and The Car Park Festival, which organisers believe will ensure that “there won’t be a corner of Stone Day 2012 that isn’t abuzz with party vibes”.
Headlining the event this year is festival favourites San Cisco – who have graced stages at the likes of Big Day Out, Laneway and BIGSOUND. They’ll be joined by a wide variety of indie, dance and hip hop acts, including Alison Wonderland, Skryptcha, The Griswolds, Super Best Friends, Tin Car Radio, Bears With Guns, Readable Graffiti and National Campus Band Competition winners Dahrnoir.
Along with all the live acts, there will be a ‘Silent Party’ with heaps of DJs spinning tunes into your ears and headsets, carnival rides, sideshow alley and games in the Car Park Carnival. There will also be several interesting sideshows and guest entertainers at the ‘Bally’ – most notably the world’s only female chainshaw juggler.
Tickets for the festival are on sale now from various outlets. If you’re a student in any tertiary institution in Canberra, you can get your tickets for the super cheap price of $25 each. For more information on Stone Day 2012, click here.
- Watch 40 Triple J Favourites Try To Write The Ultimate Hottest 100 Song
- San Cisco Slip Into Lycra, Get Multidimensional For Their ‘Run’ Video
- San Cisco Announce New Single ‘RUN’, National Tour
- San Cisco, Pez And More Added To Queenscliff Music Festival 2013 Lineup
- San Cisco Mash Daft Punk And N*E*R*D For ‘Like A Version’
- San Cisco Recount UK Robbery Attempt By Knife-Wielding “Fool”