Perth rock outfit Tame Impala have been announced as the winner of the 2013 ARIA Award in the category of Best Album for their 2012 sophomore effort, Lonerism, which netted the band some of their biggest hits in the forms of singles Elephant and Feels Like We Only Go Backwards.
The band were up against some of the biggest names in Australian music, including Birds Of Tokyo, who were nominated for their album March Fires, Guy Sebastian for Armageddon, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds for Push The Sky Away, and favourite to win, Flume for his self-titled debut.
The band also took home the awards for Best Rock Album and Best Group, and were nominated in the category of Best Australian Live Act for their ‘Lonerism Tour’, losing out to Guy Sebastian. The band were also one of the scheduled performers for the ceremony.
You can see a full list of winners for the ARIA Awards 2013 right here, amongst the other winners for the night included Flume, and the first winner of Australian Idol – Guy Sebastian, who both also won several awards.
- LISTEN: Kendrick Lamar And Tame Impala – ‘Backwards’
- Tame Impala and Kendrick Lamar To Team Up On ‘Divergent’ Soundtrack
- Big Day Out 2014 – Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne 24/01/14
- Tame Impala’s New Album Makes ‘Lonerism’ Look Like “Amateur Hour”
- Pond, Tame Impala Members Drop Solo Singles Simultaneously